Reading and Writing
- Between the Lions - Parents and Teachers - Here's where you'll find everything you need to know about the program plus teacher guides, parent activities, and more.
- Helping Your Child Become a Reader - (Department of Education) - Activities for children from infancy to age 6.
- Helping Your Child Write a Book Report - Book reports are a great way to encourage your kids to try new books. They might be assigned to write reports on fiction, nonfiction and biographies. You can help them through the book report process with these tips.
- PBS Parents - Education - Here you'll find information about your child's development from birth through the early school years.
- PBS Parents - Reading and Language - Learn how children become readers and writers and how YOU can help them develop by talking, reading, and writing together every day
- Read Across America - Provides tools, resources and tips for parents and educators that make reading a fun and enjoyable experience so kids will keep turning pages.
- Reading Is Fundamental - Parent - Whether you're a parent, guardian, grandparent, or an older sibling, you can help a child learn to love reading! Click on an age group, and you'll find many resources to help you motivate your children from preschool throughout their school years.
- Reading Rockets For Families - Find helpful information and tips on what you can do to raise a reader.