How Things Work
- Engineering, Industry, and Invention - This site has many resources on topics, such as manufacturing, energy and power, and invention and innovation.
- Inventions and Inventors Resource - For Teachers - Lemelson Center educators have developed resources for teachers, parents, and students who want to explore the exciting world of invention.
- Modern Inventors Documentation Program (MIND) - Search invention, technology, and science-related collections in archives, libraries, historical societies, and museums in the United States and Canada.
- Science and Technology Resources - Internet Public Library - These resources offer ideas for incorporating science and technology into both the classroom and the home and give lots of good reference sources for topics in both fields.
- ScienceEducation.gov - The content of ScienceEducation.gov is stratified by grade level and includes lesson plans, curricula, classroom activities, homework help and professional development information.
- Smithsonian Education - For Teachers - Use this search to find Smithsonian educational resources that are aligned to national, common core, or state standards.
- Universcale - Visitors are able to view all entities, from the microworld to the universe, by setting them up against a scale and comparing using the Universcale.
- USA.gov's Science Page - This site will take you to a variety of science topics and research agencies.
- Whyfiles - For Teachers - Explore the science, math and technology behind the news of the day, and to present those topics in a clear, accessible and accurate manner