How Things Work
- Engineering: Smithsonian Magazine - Interesting articles on the history of industry and the creation of tools and devices to help us with our lives.
- Explaining How Things Work - In this activity students watch a demonstration of how something works or how to do something.
- Industry: Smithsonian Magazine - Interesting articles on invention and industry.
- Inventions and Inventors Resource - For Teachers - Lemelson Center educators have developed resources for teachers, parents, and students who want to explore the exciting world of invention.
- Modern Inventors Documentation Program (MIND) - Search invention, technology, and science-related collections in archives, libraries, historical societies, and museums in the United States and Canada.
- Science and Technology Resources - Internet Public Library - These resources offer ideas for incorporating science and technology into both the classroom and the home and give lots of good reference sources for topics in both fields.
- Smithsonian Education - For Teachers - Use this search to find Smithsonian educational resources that are aligned to national, common core, or state standards.
- USA.gov's Science Page - This site will take you to a variety of science topics and research agencies.
- Whyfiles - For Teachers - Explore the science, math and technology behind the news of the day, and to present those topics in a clear, accessible and accurate manner.