Page last updated: Apr 21st, 2016
Exercise, Fitness and Nutrition
- Activity Plan - Ideas about what your family can do to be active together.
- Charger Wrap - Ingredients and steps to prepare a healthy chicken, veggie and cheese wrap.
- ChooseMyPlate.gov - Learn all about the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, weight management, calories, fitness and more.
- Especially for Moms - Provides recipes, videos and tips just for parents.
- Fitness And Your 6 to 12-Year-Old-Child - Kids this age need physical activity to build strength, coordination, confidence, and to lay the groundwork for a healthy lifestyle. Here are some ways to keep your kids moving.
- Kids Rock Nutrition in the Kitchen - Watch how to make chicken packets and a berry parfait.
- Let's Move For Parents - 5 simple steps for success.
- Media-Smart Youth - A 10-lesson program where kids learn important lessons about media analysis, nutrition, and physical activity.
- Nutrition and Fitness - KidsHealth - How do you feed a picky eater or encourage a child who hates sports to play outside? Learn how to keep your child healthy with the right foods and exercise.
- Peanut Butter and Apple Wrap - Ingredients and steps to prepare a healthy peanut butter and apple wrap. Remember you can substitute peanut butter with sunflower seed butter or another nut butter or spread.
- Physical Activity - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Guidelines for the amount of physical activity kids need.
- Physical Activity - Let's Move - Opportunities for kids to be physically active, both in and out of school and create new opportunities for families to be moving together.
- Recreation.Gov - If you like biking, camping and boating, then this is the website for you. Find out about fun, outdoor activities.
- School Health - Tips and advice for parents on getting involved in their child's school health.
- Sports and Fitness - Find information about team sports for kids, reaching physical health milestones and more.
- Walk or Bike To School - Walking promotes physical activity. Learn safe walking skills and how it reduces traffic congestion, pollution and speed near schools.
- We Can! Parent Program - Teaches essential skills to help families make healthy food choices, become more physically active, and reduce recreational screen time.
- Why Kids Should Eat Healthy and Exercise - Meet Sasha, a nutritionist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture. She tells us about how healthy eating and exercise helps kids grow physically and mentally strong.