Page last updated: Jul 1st, 2016
Scientists and Inventors
- Ask A Scientist - Do you have a burning science question you want to ask, this site is where you can submit your questions.
- Astronauts - Meet the astronauts from different NASA space missions.
- Brain Imaging - Meet Dr. Peter and Dr. Joelle, scientists at the National Institutes of Health. They talk about what brain imaging is and how an MRI scanner works.
- Frontiers for Young Minds - Take a look at these science articles for kids and meet the scientists.
- George Washington Carver - Find out about his research on peanuts and his commitment to helping poor Southern African American farmers.
- Gravity - What is Gravity? - Gravity has played a big part in making the universe the way it is. Learn about Albert Einstein's ideas and see animations.
- Invention at Play - Explore the playful side of invention and learn about today's inventors along with historic ones.
- Invention Stories - Explore stories from these inventors from the Lemelson Center.
- Lighting a Revolution - Compares Thomas Edison's light bulb invention with lighting inventions a century later.
- Marine Biologist - Meet Chris Meyer, a scientist from the National Museum of Natural History. He talks about the ocean and his favorite animal the cowrie snail.
- Scientists and Engineers - Meet the next generation of engineers and scientists in these profiles of young professionals.
- Space Place Live - Meet different NASA scientists and engineers.
- Thomas Edison's Inventive Life - Learn about Edison's other inventions, from the phonograph that could record and play back sound to motion pictures and storage batteries.
- Wright Brothers - Learn how these ordinary bicycle mechanics emerged to change the world and invent the first flying machine.
- Zebrafish Helping Science - Meet Dr. Harry Burgess, an Investigator for the National Institutes of Health. He talks about the zebrafish experiments and how they're behaviors are similar to humans.