Page last updated: Sep 23rd, 2016
Health and Safety
- BAM! Body and Mind Teacher's Corner - Incorporate CDC health, safety, and science topics into your classroom. The site also offers your students interactive content to investigate topics for school or for a personal interest.
- Bicycle Safer Journey Quiz - Test students on how to get ready to ride and the importance of riding with an adult or older sibling. (Also available in Spanish)
- Chemicals Around Your House Quiz - Take the quiz to find out how much you know about chemicals in your house.
- Clifford the Big Red Dog - Parents and Teachers - Just like the television show, the Web site for Clifford The Big Red Dog and Clifford's Puppy Days targets children between 3 and 7 years old. While the site is designed to encourage independent play, it is best experienced in the company of a parent, caregiver, or older child.
- Do You Know Your Asthma Triggers? - Fun book with games that teach kids about asthma and its triggers.
- Drinking Water & Ground Water-Teachers K-3 - Get class activities and example lesson plans on the water cycle and its many stages.
- Drug Abuse Science Classroom Activities - Help kids understand the science behind drug abuse.
- Eagle Books - A series of four books that teach kids about physical activity, eating healthy foods, and learning from their elders about health and diabetes prevention.
- Eagle Books Toolkit: How To/Guides - These guides include cultural, physical, and nutritional activities.
- Growth Chart - Printable growth chart for kids. (also available in Spanish)
- Hearing and Sound Lessons - How loud is too loud? How does sound travel? Find the answers to these questions and more info on hearing and sound.
- KnowBullying App - Free app that has tips for parents, warning signs, an educator section and simple conversation starters.
- Mouth Healthy Activity Sheets - Print out and learn how to keep your teeth healthy.
- Nutrition Education Materials Databases - Search a collection of education and training materials databases for games, activities and nutrition and food safety resources for educators.
- Pedestrian Safer Journey Quiz - Test students on the safest places to walk and cross streets. (Also available in Spanish)
- Web Adventures - Medical Mysteries on the Web - Games that engages students, the players, in the role of scientist, historian, and detective. The knowledge gained from each mission will help students understand how infectious diseases are spread.