Art and Music
- ArtsEdge Lesson Plan Finder - A list of visual arts lesson plans that you can search by grade band.
- Beyond Penguins and Polar Bears - Arts and Crafts activities based around a polar theme.
- Campfire Stories with George Catlin - Take a virtual journey to meet American Indians of the 1830s with artist George Catlin.
- EDSITEment - Find lesson plans on art history and the visual arts from the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Fine Arts - New York Times - Explore current issues in depth or search fine arts by subject.
- Grade by Grade Guide to Building Art Lessons - Guidance on lesson plan building from the J. Paul Getty Museum. Includes some sample lessons.
- National Gallery of Art - Teachers - Borrow free-loan teaching packets and DVDs or access online lessons, activities, and interactives to bring art to your classroom.
- Smithsonian - Art and Design Lesson Plans - This page contains a list of art lesson plans for various grade levels.
- Arts Toolkit - Music Lesson Plans - Each lesson plan listing includes the target grades, the title, a summary of the activity, and the Arts Toolkit resource used.
- Chuck Vanderchuck's "Something Something" Explosion - Uses short videos to help kids ages 6-9 understand basic music concepts of genres from classical music to reggae, salsa and blues.
- Edsitement - Music From Across America - To develop their listening skills, students use worksheets to record their impressions about the music they hear.
- Kennedy Center ArtsEdge - Lesson Finder - An easy to use search engine created by the Kennedy Center to help teachers locate lesson plans in the arts.
- Smithsonian Folkways - Lesson Plans - Browse the map to find world music curricular experiences from Smithsonian Folkways' Network of Music Educators. All lessons can be downloaded in PDF format.