Page last updated: Oct 5th, 2015
Health and Safety
- Air Pollution: What's the Solution? - Project where students will focus on outdoor air pollution; what it is, what factors contribute to its formation and the health effects from breathing polluted air.
- Air Quality Resources for Teachers - Lists curriculum resources, activities, materials and websites all about air quality.
- Alcohol Use and Peer Pressure Lessons - Innovative, interactive lessons to help introduce and reinforce objectives about peer pressure, resistance skills, and other important topics for kids 11 - 13.
- BAM! Body and Mind Teacher's Corner - Incorporate CDC health, safety, and science topics into your classroom. The site also offers your students interactive content to investigate topics for school or for a personal interest.
- Conduct A Chemical Survey - A chemical safety lesson plan.
- Crime, Violence and Drug Use Prevention Lessons - Helps you teach children about crime prevention, including activity ideas and educational worksheets and coloring pages.
- Environmental Health Science Education For Teachers - Find a variety of educational materials, many of which are standards-based, to expose your students to environmental health concepts.
- Health and Fitness Resources for Teachers - Teachers can search the PBS resources by grade and topic.
- Home Safety - Use these tools to teach your students how to spot dangers in the home before an injury occurs.
- Medicines In My Home-Teachers' Toolkit - Lesson plan on safe use of over-the- counter medicines that can be used as part of your health education curriculum.
- Native Voices Lesson Plans - Native American concepts of health and wellness, including importance of the environment and medicinal plants.
- Oral Health Curriculum - Flexible, modular lesson plans, support materials, hands-on classroom demonstrations, student activity sheets, and suggestions for further oral health activities.
- Oral Hygiene: Open Wide and Trek Inside - This lesson plan presents the ways science has helped people understand how to take proper care of their mouths and the structures within.
- Science Ambassador - Health lesson plans for middle school students, from autism to west nile virus.
- Smokey Bear - Teacher's Resources - Teacher's guide, activity book, and poster on how to prevent forest fires.
- SunWise Tool Kit - A free tool kit (available in English and Spanish) with activities that combine education about sun protection and the environment.
- Tox Town Curriculum Units - Introduces middle school students to environmental health issues in their everyday lives.