Page last updated: May 23rd, 2016
- African American History and Culture - Resources - Includes lesson plans for K-6th graders: "Save Our African American Treasures" and "Let Your Motto Be Resistance."
- African American Pioneers in Aviation - Teacher Guide - Designed for students in grades 5 through 9, the guide includes four activities using the Black Wings: African American Pioneer Aviators website. (PDF format)
- African American World - PBS History Classroom - Bring African American history such as jazz, abolitionism, and Marcus Garvey into your classroom.
- Circle of Stories - PBS - Find lesson plans and activities that will allow students to examine the oral tradition of Native American storytelling.
- Civil Rights from Edsitement Grades 6-8 - A variety of lesson plans for grades 6-8 on civil rights.
- Cultural Education Resources - Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage - Get educational guides, lesson plans, and videos on all types of diverse cultures from the U.S. and around the world.
- Library of Congress Lesson Plans - Teacher-created, classroom-tested lesson plans using primary sources from the Library of Congress.
- New England History - In the Classroom - Find history lessons, teachers' best picks, and curricula about early New England.
- National Park Service: For Teachers - The National Park Service invites you to discover American history in all its diversity, from ancient archeological places to the homes of poets and Presidents through distance learning, field trips, and curriculum materials.
- Primary Source Sets - Library of Congress - Focuses on a specific topic and provides primary sources for teachers to use with that topic.
- Renaissance Connection - Lesson Plans - Use these lesson plans to learn about the Renaissance era.
- Sodbusters! - Intended for grades K-2, this lesson will learn how pioneers used the materials at hand and what it may have been like living in a sod house.
- Suffrage Strategies - Students will learn to identify different methods people used to influence and change attitudes and beliefs about suffrage for women.
- The American Presidency - Teacher Materials - Help students think about the office of the presidency, its many occupants, and its importance in American and world history; provides activities and lesson plans from elementary to high school level.
- Women Aviators in World War II - Students learn about one of the roles women played during WWII.
- Women in the White House - Students learn about the political and non-political careers of recent First Ladies.