Page last updated: Dec 6th, 2016
How Things Work
- Explaining How Things Work - In this activity students watch a demonstration of how something works or how to do something and then they write an essay about the activity.
- Good Thinking! The Science of Teaching Science - Science web series of Smithsonian videos looks at commonly held student ideas (and misconceptions) on a range of science topics. Designed to support K–12 science teachers.
- Modern Inventors Documentation Program (MIND) - Search invention, technology, and science-related collections in archives, libraries, historical societies, and museums in the United States and Canada.
- Science and Technology Resources - Internet Public Library - These resources offer ideas for incorporating science and technology into both the classroom and the home and give lots of good reference sources for topics in both fields.
- Science.gov- This site will take you to a variety of science topics and research agencies.
- Smithsonian Education - For Teachers - Use this search to find Smithsonian educational resources that are aligned to national, common core, or state standards.
- Whyfiles - For Teachers - Explore the science, math and technology behind the news of the day, and to present those topics in a clear, accessible and accurate manner.