Page last updated: Dec 6th, 2016
- Agricultural Ideas for Science Fair Projects - Here, we've put together a few basic ideas of agricultural science projects you can do. Use these ideas as a jumping-off place for coming up with your own project.
- Botany: Smithsonian Education - Teacher Resources about botany and art and their roles in conservation.
- Celebrating Wildflowers - Teacher Resources - Fact sheets, activities, and information on the North American Pollinator Protection Campaign.
- Connect Kids with Nature - Find lesson plans about animals and invasive plants.
- Conservation Education - Educator Toolbox - Conservation education enables people to realize how natural resources and ecosystems affect each other and how resources can be used wisely.
- Forest Service Kids - The Forest Service is committed to connecting kids with nature and the outdoors by providing students with youth-oriented information and resources related to natural resources and the environment.
- Grow a Garden With Your Kids - Starting a garden is a fun way to teach your kids about healthy fruits and vegetables and get some exercise as you work on a project together.
- Invasive Species Resources - Contains links to educational tools useful for teaching K-12 students for invasive plant species.
- Photosynthesis Lesson Plan - 4th grade students will investigate and understand basic plant anatomy and life processes.
- The National 4 H USA.org - 4-H is fun with friends, learning and doing cool things. 4-H is social activities, trips, and fairs. 4-H is leadership opportunities and helping others.
- National Arboretum - The National Arboretum, located in Washington, DC, is a living museum where trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants are cultivated for scientific and educational purposes.
- National Park Service: For Teachers - The National Park Service offers distance learning, field trips and curriculum materials in addition to accredited professional development opportunities for teachers.
- The People's Garden - The People’s Garden Initiative works across USDA and with partners to start and sustain school gardens, community gardens, urban farms, and small-scale agriculture projects in rural and urban areas with the mission of growing healthy food, people and communities.
- Yellowstone National Park - For Teachers - Gives details on a variety of Yellowstone National Park programs.