Page last updated: Dec 6th, 2016
Scientists and Inventors
- Albert Einstein - Learn about Einstein's early life and his contributions to physics.
- Biographies: Deciphering the Genetic Code - Short biographies of scientists who made contributions in the field of genetics.
- Brain Scientist - Meet Doctor Dave, a scientist who studies the brain and how addiction affects the brain.
- Charles Darwin - Read about the life and discoveries made by the naturalist.
- Earth and Space Science Explorers - Series that features NASA explorers, young and old, with many backgrounds and interests.
- Gregor Mendel - A short biography of the man considered to be the father of genetics.
- How the Code Was Cracked - An explanation of how Francis Crick and James Watson cracked the code for DNA.
- Marie Curie - A biography and list of accomplishments for the female nuclear physicist.
- Modern Inventors Documentation Program (MIND) - Search invention, technology, and science-related collections in archives, libraries, historical societies, and museums in the United States and Canada.
- Nobel Prize Winners - A list of all the winners of the Nobel Prize across multiple disciplines including science.
- Rosalind Franklin Papers - British chemist and crystallographer who is best known for her role in the discovery of the structure of DNA.
- Smithsonian Science How Webcasts - Bring a Smithsonian Scientist into your classroom with a live television-style program streamed through the web that takes questions from your students. Each program is aligned with national science standards and has a companion page of teaching resources.
- Technology and Industry - Library of Congress - Find collections of papers, sound, and film about inventors and scientists in America.
- Ten Historic Female Scientists You Should Know - When people think of female scientists, they often think of Marie Curie, but these women also made significant contributions to their fields.
- Zebrafish Helping Science - Meet Harry Burgess, Ph.D., an Investigator for the National Institutes of Health. He talks about the zebrafish experiments and how they're behaviors are similar to humans.