Page last updated: May 5th, 2016
- American FactFinder - Learn about the U.S. Census and get facts about your state.
- Celebrating Winter Holidays - Resources on Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa.
- Census in Schools - For Teachers - Lesson plans and teaching kits tailored for all grade levels that includes maps, lesson plans, and historical data.
- Culture Quest - Students can earn a badge for completing activities related to Native American cultures and traditions.
- Flags of the World - The World Factbook - See each country's flag and click on the country name for more facts.
- Geography and Map Reading Room - The Library of Congress has the largest map collection in the world, including 5.5 million maps, 80,000 atlases, more than 500 globes, and more.
- How Teachers and Parents Can Help Young Children Become (and Stay) Bilingual - Parents can work with teachers to help their child be bilingual.
- Library of Congress Teachers' Page - Classroom materials and professional development to help effectively use primary sources from the library's vast digital collections.
- Maps - Library of Congress - View the Library of Congress' collection of historical maps.
- My Wonderful World - For Educators - Show your students that geography is everywhere, and use an educator's action kit to help with your lesson.
- Native Voices: Native Peoples’ Concepts of Health and Illness - Includes interviews and the importance of Native American traditions, the environment, and medicinal plants.
- NewsHour Extra - Teacher's Resources - Provides unique current event resources including news stories, pictures, maps, videos, and lesson plans.
- Self-Paced Online Modules - Library of Congress - Earn a certificate; each multimedia-rich program delivers approximately one hour of staff development.
- Serve.gov - United We Serve - Serve.gov can help you create and find volunteer opportunities in your community.
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program - Get the most current information about the country in which you will be traveling, including warnings and alerts.
- Social Studies (Grades 6-8) - PBS Teachers - Teachers can search the PBS resources by topic and media type.
- Youth Engaged in Service - A toolkit that introduces youth to the personal growth and empowerment that comes from volunteering.