Page last updated: Mar 13th, 2015
- Athlete - Very athletic people might want to consider getting a job as a "pro" athlete. But they should know that very few athletes ever make it that far. It's a good idea, then, to have another job in mind as well.
- Coach - Coaches help people learn how to play a sport. They start by teaching them the basics and the proper form and technique.
- Dentist - Meet Captain Ryan Romero. He talks about being a dentist and how to take care of your teeth.
- Doctor (Physicians and Surgeons) - Doctors use science to figure out what is making people sick. Doctors examine people, listen to them describe their health problems, and do tests to see what is wrong.
- FBI Fitness Instructor - Meet E.J. He talks about teaching at the FBI Academy and why you should keep moving.
- Firefighter - Firefighters put out fires, which is not as simple as it may sound. Fighting fires is dangerous and complex, and it takes organization and teamwork.
- Nurse - Nurses, also called registered nurses or RNs, take care of sick and injured people. They give people medicine. They treat wounds. And they give emotional support to patients and their families.
- Pharmacist - Pharmacists are experts in medicine and its side effects. They sometimes help doctors choose which medicines to give patients. Pharmacists also warn doctors if the doctors have asked their patients to take any medicine that might hurt their patients.
- Physical Therapists - Meet 3 physical therapists and learn how they help patients.
- Prosthetist - Meet David. He works with patients with amputated limbs. He talks about what he likes about his job and how a prosthetic arm and leg are created.
- Psychologist - Psychologists study the human mind. They also try to explain why people act as they do. They do research to test their ideas about people's actions.
- Recreational Therapist - Recreational therapists help people who are sick or hurt to get active again. They use sports, games, arts, crafts, and music to help patients build confidence and get back into life.