Culture and Ethnic Groups
- African American History - Library of Congress - View collections and resources on the African American experience.
- African American History Month - This site pays tribute to the generations of African Americans who struggled with adversity to achieve full citizenship in American society.
- African American Odyssey - Explores black America's quest for equality from the early national period through the 20th century.
- Black Wings - National Air and Space Museum - Black Wings tells the story of how one group of Americans overcame enormous obstacles to break into aviation.
- Asian-Pacific American Heritage - Tribute to the generations of Asian and Pacific Islanders who have enriched America’s history and are instrumental in its future success.
Hispanic and Latino
- Latino Center - Smithsonian Institution - Learn about the role Latinos have played in history and learn about Latino culture.
- Hispanic Heritage Month - Tribute to the generations of Hispanic Americans who have positively influenced and enriched our nation and society.
- American Indian History - Library of Congress - View collections available online about American Indian history.
- Culture Quest - Discover Native American cultures, traditions through these works of arts. For every activity completed, you earn a badge.
- Native American Heritage Month - This site pays tribute to the rich ancestry and traditions of Native Americans.
- Native American History - Library of Congress - Search these collections of photos, documents, and even recordings of the Native American People.
- Women's History - Library of Congress - Explore these collections of scrapbooks, photos, and books of famous women in American History.
- Women's History Month - This site pays tribute to the generations of women whose commitment to nature and the planet have proved invaluable to society.
- Immigration and American Expansion - Collection of documents, including many photos and personal stories from immigrants and early settlers.
- Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage - This site explores the understanding and continuity of diverse, contemporary grassroots cultures in the United States and around the world.
- Culture and Folklife - Library of Congress - The stories, photos, and music of America's numerous ethnic groups; this contains the personal experiences of many groups settling America.
- Veterans’ Stories - Struggles for Participation - Women and people of color have served the nation in times war. However, over those same centuries, women, African Americans, Hispanic Americans and Asian Americans had to struggle to receive full recognition from, the U.S. armed forces.