Page last updated: Sep 8th, 2015
- Childcare Worker - Childcare workers teach and care for children while their parents are away. They play games, do art, and read books.
- Coach - Coaches help people learn how to play a sport. They start by teaching the basics, proper form and technique.
- Doctor (Physician) - Doctors diagnose and treat injuries and sick patients. They take patient histories and use tests to determine what is wrong. Then they plan a treatment that may include medicine, therapy, or surgery.
- Firefighter - Firefighters put out fires. Fighting fires is dangerous and complex. It takes organization and teamwork.
- Fitness Trainers and Instructors - Trainers plan and teach exercise and other activities to help improve a person's health and fitness. They teach the proper way to do exercise in order to reduce injury. Trainers slowly increase the level of difficulty of the activities so that people become more fit.
- Librarian - Librarians help people find facts. They organize information and help people find books, magazines, videos, websites, and other information.
- Nurse - Nurses take care of sick and injured people. They give medicine, treat wounds and give emotional support to patients and their families.
- Nutritionist - Meet Sasha, a registered dietitian nutritionist for the U.S. Department of Agriculture. She talks about how her job helps people eat healthy foods and teaches families how to keep track of what they're eating.
- Peace Corps - Learn About Volunteering - Peace Corp volunteers improve the lives of communities around the world. They work with members of a community to educate people on community development, health, business and communications technology, agriculture, and environment.
- Pharmacist - Pharmacists are experts in medicine and its side effects.
- Physical Therapists - Physical therapists work with injured or ill patients to help them improve their movement or manage their pain. Meet 3 physical therapists and learn how they help patients.
- Police Officer - Police officers and detectives enforce laws. They catch criminals, collect evidence and testify in court.
- Prosthetist - Meet David. He helps make and fit artificial limbs (prostheses) for patients who have lost their limbs. He also helps patients learn to use their new limbs.
- Psychologist - Psychologists study the human mind and try to help people with emotional and behavioral issues.
- Real Estate Agent - Real estate agents help people buy and sell houses.
- Secretary - Secretaries make appointments, write letters and answer the phone for businesses to help them run smoothly and efficiently.
- Social Worker - Social workers help people overcome problems and make their lives better. They might work with people who are homeless, sick, or having family problems.
- Teacher - Teachers teach children to read, write, create, and think logically to solve problems. They teach important life skills, so that students will grow up to manage their lives successfully and become contributing members of society.