Page last updated: May 26th, 2015
- Childcare Worker - Childcare workers teach and care for children while their parents are away. They play games, do art, and read books.
- Coach - Coaches help people learn how to play a sport. They start by teaching them the basics and the proper form and technique.
- Doctor (Physician) - Doctors treat injuries and sick patients. Doctors examine patients, find out patient's medical histories and give medications.
- Firefighter - Firefighters put out fires, which is not as simple as it may sound. Fighting fires is dangerous and complex, and it takes organization and teamwork.
- Fitness Trainers and Instructors - Trainers plan and teach activities that people of all ages enjoy in their free time. This may include camping, sports, arts and crafts, dance, or drama.
- Librarian - Librarians help people find facts. They organize information and help people find books, magazines, videos, websites, and other information.
- Nurse - Nurses, also called registered nurses or RNs, take care of sick and injured people. They give medicine, treat wounds and give emotional support to patients and their families.
- Peace Corps - Learn About Volunteering - Learn about the work and requirements for six program areas: education, youth and community development, health, business and information and communications technology, agriculture, and environment.
- Pharmacist - Pharmacists are experts in medicine and its side effects.
- Physical Therapists - Meet 3 physical therapists and learn how they help patients.
- Police Officer - Police officers and detectives enforce laws. They catch criminals, collect evidence and testify in court.
- Prosthetist - Meet David. He works with patients with amputated limbs. He talks about what he likes about his job and how a prosthetic arm and leg are created.
- Psychologist - Psychologists study the human mind. They also try to explain why people act as they do. They do research to test their ideas about people's actions.
- Real Estate Agent - Real estate agents help people buy and sell houses.
- Secretary - Secretaries make appointments, write letters and answer the phone.
- Social Worker - Social workers help people overcome problems and make their lives better. They might work with people who are homeless, sick, or having family problems.
- Teacher - Teachers teach children to read, write, do math, and more; they show students different skills.