Page last updated: Oct 7th, 2015
- Dynamic Earth - An interactive and engaging site to teach about science of the earth; it includes sections on Gems and Minerals, Rocks and Mining, Plate Tectonics and Volcanoes, and the Solar System.
- Earth Observatory - Accompany NASA scientists as they explore our world and unravel the mysteries of our climate and environmental change.
- Earthquakes - Science Fair Project Ideas - Science Fair Projects on earthquake predicting, impacts, seismology, and more.
- EurekAlert! Science News and Resources for Kids - The EurekAlert! Science for Kids Portal is a central, online source for kid-friendly news and resources.
- Geology of the United States - Geology is the study of the Earth. An understanding of Earth processes is essential to sustain the Nation's supplies of water, energy, and mineral resources; and to enhance and preserve the quality of the environment.
- Ice Stories: Dispatches from Polar Scientists - Visitors will enjoy learning about the thoughts and experiences of the scientists working in Antarctica and the Arctic.
- Learning About Fossil Fuels - Find out about coal, oil and natural gas and how we use it for energy.
- Rocks and Minerals - Geological Survey - Information about rocks and minerals with a glossary of commonly-used geology terms.
- Volcano Monitoring Animation: Gas Monitoring - This animation shows how gases behave in magma and how an airplane-mounted UV spectrometer can measure gases in a volcanic plume.