Page last updated: Apr 29th, 2016
Weather and Climate
- Acid Rain Student Site - Educates you about acid rain, including the definition, cause and the effects that it has on humans and the environment.
- Climate Change - Earth's atmosphere, oceans, land, life -- satellite images, animations of earth processes, and more.
- Climate Change - What You Can Do At School - Students, educators and school administrators can all play a key role in reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Earth Observatory - Accompany NASA scientists as they explore our world and unravel the mysteries of our climate and environmental change.
- EurekAlert! Science News and Resources for Kids - The EurekAlert! Science for Kids Portal is a central, online source for kid-friendly news and resources.
- Fall Colors - Forest Service - When are the peak times to see the most color? Find out here.
- JetStream - An Online Weather School - Learn about global and large scale weather patterns, air masses, wind patterns, thunderstorms, lightning, hail, tornados, tropical storms, and flooding.
- NOAA Photo Library - Includes thousands of weather and space images, our shores and coastal seas, and marine species images ranging from the great whales to the most minute plankton.
- Science Behind the News - Uses news and current events to explore science and the larger issues it raises.
- Science Education Pages - NOAA - (National Data Buoy Center) - Find out answers to interesting questions like: Does water temperature differ between near-shore and offshore sites? What is air pressure? What are sea breezes?
- Science Facts - Get the answers to life's most interesting questions through scientific inquiry; it will introduce you to the Library of Congress' rich collections in science and technology.
- Student's Guide to Global Climate Change - Explains what global warming is, the greenhouse effect, and the changes in climate and weather.
- Water Science for Schools - Information on many aspects of water, along with pictures, data, maps, and an interactive center where you can give opinions and test your water knowledge.